|Condition:||Used – Good|
|Return Policy:||30 days|
1984 Hardinge HLV-H Tool Room Precision Lathe
This machine was purchased new by IBM in the mid 80’s and was used in a lab environment in Boulder, CO. The machine was sold in the late 90’s and has been sitting ever since. This is a late model lathe that has many desirable features such as a Sony DRO, hardened and ground cross slide way inserts, teflon carriage coating, 7″ wide flame hardened & ground lathe bed, Hardinge 4 degree taper lock spindle and much more.
This is the rare english/metric version of this machine and so it will do metric threading in addition to all the dials having metric and english graduations on them. The DRO toggles between english and metric as well.
This is a clean machine and the paint is all original. Not only does it look nice everything on this machine is functioning 100%. The way wipers are brand new and the bed plate is in great condition. This machine is under power and can be run and tested on site. The spindle is whisper quiet even at the full speed of 3000 RPM. The gearbox shifts easily and functions as it should. The DC motor power feed works well and all apron clutches function as they should. Included with this machine is a set of english and metric Hardinge brand collets that are like new. Also included is a set of import 5C hex and square collets with stand. Has a 3 jaw chuck and Aloris AXA tool post. The factory coolant guard is included but it does need to be worked on a bit.
- -Infinitely Variable Spindle control 125-3000 RPM
- -2 speed fully balanced ball bearing motor (208V)
- -Independent electric variable power feeds (1/4″ – 7″ per minute)
- -Super Precision preloaded ball bearing spindle
- -1-1/16″ Collet capacity
- -Fast lever collet chucking
- -Hardened and ground cross slide inserts
- –Hardinge 4 degree tapered spindle nose
- -27 thread pitches standard in gearbox
- -1-1/4″ through spindle capacity
- -Automatic threading stops
- -Lever actuated immediate leadscrew reversing
- -Quick acting tool post slide for threading