Up for sale is this 2004 Okamoto Linear 6-18B 6″ X 18″ surface grinder. This is in very nice condition and everything functions as it should. The spindle is whisper quiet on this machine and the paint is in great condition. This still retains all the original hand scraping on the dual V ways of the saddle. This is a dual voltage machine and can be set up on 230V or 460V 3 phase (wired for 230V currently). This is equipped with a Walker 6″ X 18″ LBP fine pole electromagnetic chuck and Walker variable strength chuck controller. In addition, this has the Micro Vertical Feed option for down feed increments of 0.00005″. Also included are the 4 cast iron leveling pads with threaded adjusters. To purchase new this machine would cost over $20,500!
L6-18B Base Grinder $15,800
Micro Vertical Feed $1,950
Walker LBP Chuck $2,000
Walker Chuck Controller $1,113
This machine is equipped with an automatic lubrication system so no need to pump a lube pump. This features a hand scraped dual V way saddle, double walled column construction and heavily ribbed Meehanite castings for added rigidity. This is a roller way table that is belt driven for extra smooth operation.
• Construction Design— heavily ribbed Meehanite cast construction provides superior rigidity for vivration damping and optimum grinding accuracy. Designed for long-term, trouble-free performance.
• Extra-large Handwheels— conveniently located to optimize operator control, convenience and comfort. Zero-setting slip rings for vertical and cross feed hand wheels.
• Smooth Table Movement— moves easily through reliable belt drive table and linear ball bearing system. Cushioned table stops absorb impact when work piece limits are established.
• Centralized Controls – — for ease of operation, convenience and safety.
• Double-Walled Column Construction… Precision guideways provide the strength
• Precision Grinding Spindle—no-maintenance “ lubed for life” cartridge type grinding wheel spindle standard. Directly coupled to dynamically balanced, fan cooled motor. Universal taper on spindle nose allows for interchange of wheel adapters with other tool room grinders.
• Automatic Lubrication — All Linear B Models utilize a proven Automatic Lubrication System. Lubrication oil is pumped to an oil reservoir located in the column and all guideway surfaces and positioning screws.
Machine Specifications :
Maximum Longitudinal Travel 20.87 inch
Maximum Cross Travel 8.27 inch
Maximum Distance under Wheel (8.0” to Table Surface) 14.27 inch
Magnetic Chuck Size (WxL) 6 x 18 inch
Surface (Width x Length) 6.2 x 18.9 inch.
Hand Feed per Revolution 5.12inch
Crossfeed Per Revolution 0.100 inch
Handfeed Dial Graduation 0.001 inch
Downfeed Per Revolution 0.050 inch
Handfeed Dial Graduation 0.0001 inch
Grinding Wheel Size (DxWxB) 8.0 x 1.0 x 1.25 inch
Grinding Wheel Spindle 2 hp
Power Supply: 230/460V, 3PH. 60HZ. 1.8 KVA
Desired Power Supply including
(Electro-Magnetic Chuck & Coolant System)
Floor Space ( L x W x H ) : 77 x 56 x 68 inch
Net Weight: 2,070 lbs.
This machine is FOB New Berlin, Wisconsin. The buyer is responsible for all freight and I will assist in any way that I can. I will palletize and ship this machine freight, please ask for a quote. Local pick-up is available as well. The grinder is powered up and available to test in my shop at any time. In person Inspections are welcome. This is available for immediate sale.